BarcroftJuly 14th , 2020, updated November 12th, 2020
Boundries Northern: Arlington Blvd. / Southern: Columbia Pike / Eastern: S. George Mason Drive / Western: W&OD Trail
Barcroft is named for Dr. John W. Barcroft who first came to Virginia in 1848 and settled on Columbia Pike in the area that is now Lake Barcroft. He owned Arlington Mill (which was next to the area which is now Barcroft). The Mill was damage during the civil war and rebuilt by Dr. Barcroft in 1880.
The name of the railroad station here was subsequently changed from Arlington to Barcroft, and that became the name of the residential community which developed eastward along Columbia Pike.
Barcroft Businesses: Glencarlyn Park to S. George Mason
Barcroft Neighborhood Conservation Plan (2008)
Barcroft School and Civic League